Sunday, December 31, 2006

Do you scuba?

We tried snorkeling this trip, but I definitely decided that is as far as I would like to go. Of course my dear husband now is bound and determined to learn to scuba dive. They onsite diving company gave you a chance to try it out in the swimming pool. Jonny gave it a try and it just reconfirmed that he was dying to get out in open water.

jonny_scuba_1

Here is Jonny in his gear!

jonny_scuba_swimming_1

He looks like a natural!

Jonny really thought it would be fun if we both took a scuba diving course together and this could be our thing to do on vacation. I thought I might as well try it in the pool to see if I like it.

kim_scuba_1

Me in my gear.

I am very glad I tried it in the pool first before signing up for a class. It definitely reconfirmed to me that scuba is not for me. Honestly, I am a big chicken! I found it very hard to breathe and relax. I am sure with time I would figure it out, but pool is one thing. I can't imagine doing in 8+meters down in the deep dark ocean! So this in one new hobby that Jonny will have to take up on his own.

No comments: