Friday, August 04, 2006

Day 23 & 24: Rest at last!

We arrived around 11 pm into Omaha on probably the worst flight in the history of me flying. We all slept in on Wednesday and all of us slept through the night, which was the first time that has happened since arriving in the U.S. 3 weeks prior. My dad had the day off work on Wednesday and both of my sisters and their kids came down to my parent's house to visit us. We had a great day meeting the new cousins and hanging out. Gemma and her cousin Isaac are only 2 months apart in age, so they had a great time together.

gemma_baby_pool

Here is Gemma, Angus, Isaac, and Aiden in the baby pool.

family_walk_1

Here we are on a family walk.

On Thursday we had big plans to go the the Saunders County Fair and Parade in Wahoo, Nebraska. We loaded up the kids and headed to Wahoo to find prime spots on the parade route. We had dinner in the park put on my the local beef association and ate while we waited for the parade to start. Now I don't know about you, but when I was little and we attended these types of parades my siblings and I were lucky to get one handful of candy, but the amount of candy that was throw was absolutely ridiculous! It got so out of hand my dad started throwing candy back in the street. The parade lasted about 1 1/2 hours and it was filled with bands, tractors, horses, geese, politicians, fire trucks, etc. Here are a few snapshots of the fun!

gemma_angus_parade

Angus trying to eat gum through the wrapper. I quickly spoiled his fun.

geese

Here were the geese that their trainer was herding through the parade.

cedar_bluffs

My alma mater! The Cedar Bluffs High School Band!

angus_parade

Angus absolutely loved the parade!

angus_grandma_gemma

We also saw my Grandma Rose at the parade. Here are the kids with their Great Grandma!

After the parade we headed the the fair to check out the animals and midway. We also ran into my Uncle Allan. He and my dad are spitting imagines of each other.

allen_dad

Uncle Allan and Dad

aidan_angus_fair

Angus and his cousin Aiden

gemma_isaac_tire

Gemma and Isaac in a tractor tire.

gemma_isaac_motorcycle

We were able to go on a few rides on the midway. Here is Gemma and Isaac on the motorcycles. I have to say I love going to the fairs in Nebraska. I think the Nebraska State Fair has to be the best fair in the U.S! If you ever get a chance to go to a Midwestern fair I highly recommend it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You all look like you are having a great time. It's nice and green there too. Not used to seeing that, are you? Your dad looks well. I have never been to a Nebraska State Fair but I love the Idaho State Fair. It's hickville USA but so much fun. Miss you all

VeryApeAZ said...

It's like a slice of Americana. It's nice to know that events and places like this still exist in the U.S.

Actions and Consequences said...

Gemma's face on that last one isn't convincing me to go.