Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Day 14: Semi-Blind Date

Sunday was a treat for me! I was able to meet my blogger friend Ted, in person. We have been reading each others blogs and emailing each other for the last year. It is really a non-traditional way to develop a friendship, but it definitely worked. I met Ted and Jeff (another fellow blogger whom I met through my friend Brooke before I moved to China.) at Barrio Cafe and we enjoyed a yummy dinner! It was so great to finally meet Ted. I was really nervous about meeting him, but felt so comfortable just being myself around him that he made it easy. We also thought we would invite Jeff to join us which was a nice treat to be able to catch up with him too.

ted_kim_jeff_1

Ted (Joe's cute boyfriend!), Me and Jeff


kim_ted_1

After dinner Ted took me to Miggee's to meet his boyfriend Joe and have a margarita (actually the first of my trip to AZ). I had seen many pictures of these two fine looking guys and it was so nice to finally meet them both. Joe was working, so I got to talk to him between checking his tables, but they make such a great couple.

kim_joe_1

Me and Joe

I am hoping to keep in touch with them both over the next year. I hope that they will be in Phoenix when I return from China next summer, so we can spend more time together. I know Jonny would really enjoy talking rugby and politics with the two of them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

cute dress Kim. cute boys too.

VeryApeAZ said...

It was so great to finally meet in person. Thanks for taking the time out to join me for dinner and drinks!
:-)