Sunday, March 19, 2006

HAPPY ST. PADDY'S DAY

my leprechaun_1

My personal Leprechaun!!!

St. Paddy's Day was very mellow this year. We had a few friends over for Guinness Stew with new potatoes and Irish Soda Bread. A bunch of us headed out to the Shamrock for their big St. Paddy's Day party. Here are some snapshots of the evening.

gang_1


The Gang!

karin_sophie_1

Karin (Principal at Gemma's school) and Sophie (my French friend).

mike_1

Mike, our favorite bartender at the Shamrock!

michael_kim_1

Jonny's co-worker Michael. Michael is also an avid knitter!

richard_1

Richard, another colleague of Jonny's. He had been at the Shamrock since 3 pm St. Paddy's Day! I believe Richard had a very good St. Patrick's Day.

I definitely think we are starting to show our age. Jonny and I were both ready to go home to bed at 1 a.m. Not normal for us in Chengdu since the bars stay open all night. Maybe we are maturing...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you all had a good time. You look so good Kim. I just had to say that. Does that guy knit with you?

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim and Jonny. It's Adelle from MN. I think of y'all often, especially on St Pat's. Looks like you had fun, in spite of your early to bedtime.