Saturday, February 04, 2006

Day 15 - Brisbane

Well folks we are at the end of our journey in this great country of Australia. We had a great time and I think I had an even better time recollecting and writing about our adventure. I definitely think that Australia was just what the Dr. Expat ordered, a nice taste of Western civilization again.

I have to say I would love to live in Australia. I would even go as far as saying we all would love to live here. I didn’t really realize how much I love the beach until we spent almost every chance we had on one. There is so much pristine beauty here that it can overwhelm a person. It is always nice to have a dream, but who knows we might try and make it a reality someday.

We will be leaving tomorrow evening at 11:30 p.m. and will be back to Chengdu on Monday afternoon. Unfortunately we will miss the Super Bowl, which my favorite team, the Pittsburg Steelers should win big. Look forward to catching up with everyone when we get back.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim,
Thanks for sharing your beautiful vacation with us all. It has intrigued Chris and I to want to go visit hopefully someday. The kids are adorable!!! Travel safe-Annette H.

Anonymous said...

Kim,

Your trip sounds fantastic and I know what you mean about wanting to live there. The people, the beaches, the beauty are truly beautiful. Your trip to the Gold Coast has inspired me to want to visit.
Keep on blogging, I so look forward to following you on your adventure. Jean Stachon (Widdup)

Anonymous said...

Wow.. what a wonderful trip it is.. I really envy you Kim ! I love those blue sky and the sea... I wanna go to Australia one day too! The koalas are sooooo cute ! Back in Chengdu, you must miss the sunshine so much.. I had the feeling when back from Lijiang! Hope you will soon start another trip ! :-D

Annie

Anonymous said...

Hey - Looks as beautiful as I remember. I had many good days and nights in Surfers. I think I even went to the Irish bar you were at. Australia is definitely an area I'd consider living too!

Nate Dogg