Monday, November 14, 2005

The Marine Ball

marine_sign_1

Saturday evening we attended the 1st Annual U.S. Marine Ball of Chengdu at the Crowne Plaza. The Marine Ball is a birthday celebration for the U.S. Marine Corps that is celebrated every year around the world. This year marks the Corps 230th year.

kim_jonny_1

I was really excited for the evening. I went to the tailor and had a dress made for myself. I picked the most gorgeous green color in raw silk and found picture of a dress on the internet that the tailor could copy. The dress turned out great and there is nothing like having clothes tailor made to your body. Here is a picture of Jonny and I on the front steps of our house.

amy_angie_kim_sadie_1

Amy, Angie, Me, and Sadie

girls_marines_1

Here is a picture of the Marines that are stationed at the U.S. Consulate in Chengdu. There are 7 here right now, but 2 are going to be leaving soon. Here is a picture of a few wives + one employee from Jonny's company.

intel_marines_1

Here is the whole gang with the Marines.

rock_1

There was a 8 course meal and dancing afterwards. Here is a picture of Rock Hardgrove, one of Jonny's colleagues, shaking his money maker.

We had a nice evening, but I have to say the most exciting part for me was having the dress made. I wonder what else I should have made?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful dress! I love the color and your hair looked great!

VeryApeAZ said...

I have to say, you looked the best out of all the ladies, although I might be a bit biased. That dress is killer!

Meghan said...

What a gorgeous dress!

Kelly S said...

The dress is absolutely gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

All the above folks took my comments right out of my mouth. You did indeed look great. I just saw on Oprah today that everyone should have their jeans tailored too. Have you done that yet? Do you miss watching Oprah?